Reading

I have always loved to read, ever since I was a little girl. Unfortunately this love of mine has been lost on my kids, so far. They seem to be taking after thier dad when it comes to reading. I so wish they would read more. They have their assigned reading for school of course, but I wish they would read for leisure and fun too.

I do my best to set a good example. This past summer I set a goal to read one book a week. I will also add that Cortney finished the reading challenge at the library and I do think with a little more encouragement I will make a reader out of her yet.

Back to my goal, I made it plus some. Thank goodness for the library! I have really enjoyed rediscovering the library and all it has to offer.

I have been reading this book for the last three weeks and I just can't seem to find the time to finish it. My days are busy and when I do finally crawl into bed at night with my book and start to read I always seem to doze off. I get so annoyed at myself when I wake up with the book lodged into my neck. I have even tried to have the kids read to me but I still fall asleep and when I wake up the kids are long gone. Since it is a mystery I can't wait to get to the end to find out what happens. I am three quarters of the way through the book and I am determined to finish it before the weekend. If I can just figure out a way to stay awake.

No comments: