Milestone


Last night I taught Cortney, who is 11.5, how to shave under her arms. Yep, my 11.5 year old daughter has hair under her arms and she wanted them gone. So what if it was just 4 or 5 hairs under each arm and that you could hardly see, for a girl in a rush to grow up it is a big deal. So, last night we hit a milestone. She made me promise that I would teach her how to shave her legs in the spring. Really, her legs are a bit hairy, they look like they are covered with little black spider legs so it will be time. She just has no idea what awaits her as a woman, if she did maybe she wouldn't be in such a rush.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Oh, Chris, does your dd know that you're detailing her life on your blog? LOL!

Kristine/SHS

Anonymous said...

I was almost 12 the first time I shaved the armpits. 12 the first time I shaved my legs.

If she only knew that in a few years, those "chores" will be something to grumble about ;)