Sunday updates

A few updates on past posts.

First, Vern was set free about a week ago. We let him go in the back yard where we found him. We had been spending time with him in the back yard getting him used to the outdoor surroundings. He kept wandering further and further away from us until we decided it was time to say goodbye. It was a sad farewell but we all understand it was what was best for Vern.

No dog yet. I still haven't been able to find one that makes me feel like Kammi did. I will continue to look, I really want a rescue dog. A friend of mine has been encouraging me to just go to our local shelter to find a dog but I know if I go down there and look at all those animals in person we will come home with not only a dog but a bird, several rabbits, and some kind of reptile. I am better off just looking at pictures for now.

I finished my book on Friday afternoon. It was a good book, not excellent, but it kept my interest. I felt a bit empty when I finished because I didn't have another book to immediately start reading. So Cortney and I went to the library and got there 15 minutes before they closed. I grabbed a few books hoping I would find one I would enjoy. I started reading this book and so far it seems good.

I haven't started to crochet yet. Just haven't been able to find the time. We are taking a trip over Thanksgiving so maybe I will have time to start then.

Cody is doing better with his attitude and school work, I don't know what brought around the change and I am not going to question it.

Cortney is still sick. After two weeks of complaining about a sore throat and not feeling well this stellar mom took her to the doctor. Low and behold, she has an ear infection and possible strep throat. She is on an antibiotic now and seems to be feeling better. She also had a tetanus shot while we were there and now she can't lift her arm. I had one last year and I remember how miserable and painful it was. Cody stayed at my moms last night and from what I hear he was throwing up all night. I am not proud of this, but I am glad he was there and not here. I don't deal with vomit well, I usually just join in. This too shall pass...

It is going to be hot and windy here the next week. For some reason I hate the wind worse than anything. I think it is the noise it makes and the way it dries my skin and what it does to my hair not to mention the allergies around here. We have had fall weather off and on but it just doesn't stick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Farewell, Vern!!

I have never been able to look at shelter dogs. I get so sad and want to bring them all home with me.

Glad Cortney is starting to feel better!!

We've had Fall weather for about a week. I was loving it. Sunday? Sunny and 78. Today? Sunny and 80. I wish it'd either stay Fall or Summer. None of this in between crap :)

Anonymous said...

It was in the 50s here yesterday, and in the 70s today. Naturally I wore a sweater to work, and spent the day sweating.

My sympathies on the puke thing. It is the number one reason why I don't have kids. People think I'm kidding, but I'm so not. If anyone even threatens to hurl, I am RUNNING in the opposite direction! I'd really rather die than puke.

I hope Vern likes being in the "wild." It was good of you to take care of him and then release him.

Kristine said...

Well, about not taking Cortney to the dr. sooner . . . if it makes you feel ANY better, my mom took me to the dr. in 7th grade 3 WEEKS after I'd broken it. I'd kept complaining but she didn't believe me. Meanwhile, she almost forced me to go bowling. Even the dr. asked her, "Mrs. M, why did it take you so long to bring her in?" What could she say, that I was a big whiner anyway?!

To top it off, four years later, I got sick on Easter. She told my dad, "You know how SHE is." So my dad took me to the hospital. They took out my appendix.

My mom really wasn't bad, and I admit I can play up these two incidents to make her feel REALLY guilty, LOL.

Kristine/SHS