Obligatory Pumpkin Patch post

I tried to post this yesterday but Blogger ate it up, the big B must have made a pumpkin pie out of it or maybe pumpkin soup. I am sure today's post will not be anywhere near as witty and funny as yesterdays try.

Casey's preschool went to the pumpkin patch a couple of weeks ago on a field trip. Being the overprotective, ultra involved mom that I am, I insisted, or should I say volunteered, to be a driver. Above is a picture of Casey and her friend K and J that is in another class. J attached himself to me for some reason. He was just SO shy, he stood with his head down most of the time. I tried and tried to get him involved in the activities but I usually found him standing next to my leg. The girls on the other hand I had to chase.

Cortney went too because when you are homeschooled you can go do the fun things with the preschoolers when you want. I am sure she must have learned something there.


Feeding the goats was a big hit. The slobbering, yucky, stinky goats. Casey and this goat made friends, well, until Casey ran out of food and then he dropped her like a hot potato. She didn't seem to notice as I hurried the little ones over to wash and sterilize their little hands.

Then came the three year old melt down, because you know, no trip is complete without someone having a melt down. I am not even sure what set it off, but three year olds don't really need a reason do they? So, she sat with the pumpkins for a while, "my only friends", she said.





Finally I made her come with me to gather with the group for *fun pumpkin songs* (cough, cough). And there is the look. The look that says "I will go with you but I don't have to like it, or you". Her dad says she gets the look from me.


Of course a snack makes everything better. I know it usually works for me. It was a fun trip, melt down and all. I really do enjoy watching the little ones get so excited over little things like pumpkins and feeding goats and porta potties.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics :) Love "the look". Jimmy says Morgan's already developing "the look" from me, too!!